Monday, December 14, 2009

Something that I know 'bout Christmas

The only thing that I know about their Christmas is that they hang small lights on their homes, they also hang stars. They decorate pine trees with shiny balls and everything. Some children are singing Christmas songs in front of houses to earn some money. And in school they'll have a Christmas program. That is all I know about their Christmas.

I do not do what others do in December because I have a different knowledge about those things. For us Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We do not believe that Jesus was born on December 25 because in the bible, it says there that when Jesus was born, there were shepherds in the grasslands that are guarding their sheep's. And in December, it is impossible to go out because it's too cold. And that is the reason I don't or we JW's do not believe in Christmas. And I learned in our magazine that they only started celebrating the birth of Jesus 300 years after his birth.

Those are the things that I know about Christmas.

1 comment: